It’s already the last week of September, where did the time go? One day you’re enjoying a cold beverage on a sun-soaked patio and the next you can see your breath in the frigid air – c’est la vie.
Anyway, welcome to the latest and greatest edition of the Weekender! This week’s stories include an update on the new-home market, a catch-up with two of Calgary real estate’s elder statesmen and a new quiz to test your city knowledge.
Here we go!
This week in CREB®Now
The impacts of the global pandemic are being felt in Calgary’s new-home market, but builders are adapting to the new environment. Read on to find out how.
Half a century in any profession is a long time, but 50 years in the real estate business, particularly, is one impressive milestone! After all those years, Herb Styles and Ray Pfob have some nuggets of wisdom to share – about real estate and about life.
Looking for a fun distraction? Give our newest quiz a try!
We’re not all experts when it comes to the world of design, so mistakes are bound to happen. Thankfully, most of those mistakes are easy to fix, with a little expert advice and knowhow.
Champagne taste on a beer budget – a tale as old as time.
- Western Investor – Alberta residential developers busy banking land and building
- Toronto Storeys – COVID Continues to Influence First-Time Homebuyers Behaviours
- CBC Calgary – City marks completion of ‘innovative’ $87M Crowchild Trail upgrades
- CBC Calgary – Calgary’s housing inventory reaches near historic levels as younger demographic shrinks
- Calgary Herald – Tech companies moving into the downtown, taking up empty oil and gas space
- CBC Business – Canada’s housing market moderately vulnerable, CMHC says in first quarterly report since COVID-19 began
- CBC Politics – Liberals pledge $1 billion for cities to buy motels, hotels for rapid-housing program
- CBC Calgary – Alberta campground bookings nearly double as people look to escape close to home
- Global News – Calgary’s famous Ranchman’s country bar up for lease; iconic rafter saddles seized by bank
Have a great weekend!