Hi there! Hope you all had a relaxing Labour Day and an exceptional first week of September!
It may have been a short week, but there was still plenty of activity in the world of real estate. This edition of the Weekender features a skydiving REALTOR®, electric-car charging tips and a unique way to reacquaint yourself with Calgary’s history.
Let’s dive right in!
This week in CREB®Now
Next week, Brian van Vliet will be leaping out of a plane 13,000 feet above the ground to raise money for a great cause. Check out the story to learn more about van Vliet’s unique fundraiser, the client who served as his inspiration, and how you can donate.
Unfortunately, charging your brand-new electric vehicle (EV) at home isn’t quite as simple as plugging it into a standard electrical outlet in your garage – unless you’re willing to wait a very long time. Thankfully, with the right hardware and a little help, it’s easy to get your EV charged up and back on the road in no time.
Even if you’re a resident of one of Calgary’s oldest communities, you might not be fully aware of how much history is all around you, just waiting to be explored. That’s where Heritage Calgary’s new self-guided walking tours come in.
It’s only a week old, but if you didn’t catch it the first time around, make sure you check out this story about Dream Unlimited’s new Alpine Park development for all the juicy details about this unique community project.
This sounds like the setup for an Ari Aster movie. So, no.
- CBC Business – Canadians have deferred $1B a month worth of mortgage payments since pandemic began
- CBC Calgary – New home construction picked up the pace in August as builders started up again
- Calgary Herald – SAIT to establish new digital technology school in historic downtown building
- Financial Post – Bank of Canada holds rate, warning of ‘slow and choppy’ recovery ahead
- CBC Calgary – Backyard bug problem? Send in the hens to do the dirty work
- The Georgia Straight – Canada real estate: RBC Economics observes growing preference for single-detached homes over condos
- Real Estate News Exchange – RENX’s 2020 summer commercial real estate review
- Calgary Herald – Calgary bars, restaurants confront more unknowns as end of patio season looms
- CBC Calgary – OPINION | Looking for a way out of Calgary’s affordable housing crisis
- CBC Business – Office work could be changed forever by COVID-19. Here’s why that matters
- Calgary Sun – Newcomers to Canada highly value homeownership
Have a great weekend!