This week’s edition of the Weekender includes stories that run the gamut from Calgary housing market data and a call for public input on the Calgary-region’s future, to a variety of household pests and how to get rid of them in a hurry. Now, that might sound like a strange cocktail, but don’t knock it ’til you try it.
Let’s dive right in!
This week in CREB®Now
Homeownership comes with enough occasional stresses without having to deal with an invasion of tiny critters hellbent on making your home their home. Thankfully, this trusty guide to a handful of the most common household pests in Calgary should help you ensure your home is free of these pesky intruders in no time.
Check out this extensive report on second-quarter housing market activity and economic conditions in Calgary and surrounding areas, straight from CREB® chief economist Ann-Marie Lurie.
Are you a fan of surveys? The Calgary Metro Region Board (CMRB) recently opened a multi-faceted engagement process to capture public feedback that will help shape its Growth & Servicing Plan for 2021. Make sure you give your two cents before the engagement process ends on Sept. 4 – you won’t want to miss your chance to shape the future of Calgary and its surrounding communities!
Summer in Calgary is well underway, but it’s not too late to give your backyard the seasonal makeover it deserves!
What do you think, yea or nay?
- CBC Calgary – Calgary mall chips away at massive space vacated by Sears in 2018
- CBC Calgary – Calgary council votes in favour of controversial Inglewood development
- BNN Bloomberg – Vacation properties see spike in demand as people look for safe getaways
- Canadian Real Estate Wealth – The investment case for Alberta
- Canadian Real Estate Wealth – CMHC looking into new post-deferral assistance policies
- CBC Calgary – UCP government unveils $1.1B stimulus for municipalities to relieve battered economy
- Calgary Herald – Councillors call to relax property tax penalties for Calgarians who can’t pay
- Bloomberg News – Real estate optimism sparks new life into Canadian consumers
- Financial Post – CMHC eyeing ‘new tools’ as mortgage deferral cliff looms for borrowers
- Real Estate News Exchange – ICM Group repurposes Calgary, Edmonton properties
Have a great weekend!