If you’re reading this at crebnow.com, join our email subscribers list to make sure you never miss an edition of our newsletter. Just scroll down to the bottom of this post to find the signup form.
Welcome to the Weekender!
Between Valentine’s Day and Family Day, this weekend is all about spending time with the ones we love. For many, that will be a bit more challenging than usual this year due to the pandemic and frigid outdoor temperatures, but I hope that you’re all able to celebrate in a way that is meaningful to you and your loved ones.
So, stay safe, stay warm and enjoy the long weekend!
This week in CREB®Now
As the winter of COVID-19 grinds on, it’s a good thing that Calgary’s many City- and community-run outdoor skating rinks are operational. There are even a few new sheets of ice this year to try and meet the growing demand from Calgarians for safe and fun outdoor spaces. Check out the full story for all the details, then grab your skates and hit the ice!
For more than 20 years, the people of the Pantone Colour Institute have been dictating design trends all over the world with their Colour of the Year. Find out what 2021’s selection brings to the table and learn how Pantone became the global authority on colour.
As Shameer Gaidhar writes in his latest guest column, “If you’ve ever lived in an apartment or townhome where you can hear your neighbours’ every move, you know how irritating it can be. However, many homebuyers don’t know about STC (sound transmission class) ratings or the importance of asking about them before making a purchase.”
Wondering what might be in store for the Calgary housing market in 2021? CREB®’s 2021 Forecast report is here to help – now in an easily accessible format on crebnow.com, so you can quickly find the information you need.
i am obsessed pic.twitter.com/F9JJYdBRRX
— Florencia (@Florenciasabaoo) January 27, 2021
The Nightmare before Valentine’s Day. Honestly, this feels like the perfect holiday decoration for the times, and oh so versatile! Nothing quite sets the mood like a 12-foot-tall skeleton – cherubs are so last year.
- Toronto Star – Canada could see a ‘rural boom’ as remote work becomes permanent, study finds
- CBC Calgary – More than 60 homes out of water as polar plunge causes water main breaks, outages
- CBC Calgary – Controversial development in Alberta mountain town moves forward to public hearing
- CBC Calgary – Attention green thumbs: Here’s how to garden in the winter, no grow lights required
- CBC Calgary – This Calgary business turns sea cans into backyard offices
- CTV News Winnipeg – Why realtors no longer use the term master bedroom
Have a great weekend!