Welcome to the Weekender! And, in case you haven’t looked outside lately, welcome to winter in October! With temperatures for this weekend forecasted to plateau around -5, there’s no better time to cozy up with a blanket, your favourite hot beverage and the latest news from the world of real estate.
This week in CREB®Now
Charitable giving is especially important during the pandemic, and these six non-profit organizations are doing vital work in Calgary and surrounding areas. Check out the full story to learn more.
From video doorbells to window sensors, there’s so much home security tech available these days that it’s hard to determine what’s necessary and what’s overkill. Thankfully, we’re here to help.
CREB®‘s report on third-quarter housing market activity and economic conditions in Calgary and surrounding areas, straight from CREB® chief economist Ann-Marie Lurie, is now available.
Winter is coming… will yours be cozy and comfortable or frightfully frigid? The difference can often come down to your home’s insulation.
A career in real estate can be the source of considerable drama and comedy, depending on the day. So, it’s fitting that many entertaining characters from movies and television have listed real estate agent as their profession. Join us as we count down some of the most memorable examples!
Definitely makes me think this place is wet pic.twitter.com/IV24ehKZ01
— Nick Nemeroff (@nicknemeroff) October 16, 2020
This feels like the equivalent of listing a bike on Craigslist as “totally not stolen.”
- CBC Calgary – Affordable housing project for women and children fleeing violence proposed for northeast community
- Calgary Herald – Calgary’s homeless shelters prepare for drop in temperatures and surge of COVID-19 infections
- Radio-Canada International – Over half of new home buyers need help from family
- CTV News Calgary – Calgary realtor says condo prices continue to tumble, demand for detached homes on the rise
- CBC Calgary – Calgary’s post-pandemic economy poised for 6.9% expansion in 2021, report says
- Calgary Herald – City proposal would add new fees for residential parking permits
- Financial Post – The retirement downsizing myth: No, seniors aren’t moving in droves — and that will affect the housing market
- Calgary Herald – Varcoe: As new report shows historic 10 per cent hit to city economy, it’s time for Calgary to play more offence
- Calgary Herald – Council committee puts Calgary’s growth under the microscope, but decisions still to come
- Financial Post – True, demand for denser neighbourhoods is dropping, but it’s hardly ‘Get outta Dodge’
- CBC Calgary – One of Calgary’s oldest motels could be rezoned for high-rise residential towers
- CBC Calgary – Pandemic could be the push Calgarians need to embrace winter
Have a great weekend!