If you’re reading this at crebnow.com, join our email subscribers list to make sure you never miss an edition of our newsletter. Just scroll down to the bottom of this post to find the signup form.
Welcome to the Weekender!
Whether you’re looking to buy a home, sell a home, win a home, or learn something new and valuable about your existing home, we’ve got something for you in this week’s edition.
This week in CREB®Now
Negotiating on price can be one of the most intimidating parts of the purchase process for first-time homebuyers – and, honestly, if you’re a real estate veteran, sealing the deal can still be a nerve-racking experience. Thankfully, we’ve got some tips to help you approach negotiations with confidence and make an offer you can honour.
One of the most important parts of a house is something you might not think about often: the foundation. In our latest guest column from Millenium Plus Homes’ Shameer Gaidhar, he explores the ins and outs of a strong foundation, including how to keep yours in tip-top shape and what to look for when purchasing a home.
After a year of grappling with the far-reaching effects of COVID-19, I think we could all use a bit of rest and relaxation, so it makes sense that the two showhomes up for grabs in this year’s Foothills Hospital Home Lottery put health and wellness first. Check out the full story for all the juicy details before you buy your ticket!
Whether you’re hoping to buy or sell, this spring promises to be a busy one in the Calgary housing market. Before you list your home or book some viewings, make sure you do your homework – this article is a great place to start!
Welcome to my building’s basement, or as I like to call it, the murder palace pic.twitter.com/c8Sjs81HqI
— Anne Thériault (@anne_theriault) March 10, 2021
Can’t wait to watch the low-budget horror movie that will inevitably get filmed here.
- Calgary Herald – Calgary rated a low-risk housing market
- Financial Post – Real estate could be a viable career alternative for women hit by pandemic job losses
- CBC Calgary – Alberta pushes Ottawa for revisions to mortgage stress test as changes left on hold
- CBC Calgary – Developer eyeing Chestermere golf course not in touch with with community’s needs, say some residents
- CBC Calgary – Calgarians ponder Downtown Commercial Core community association
- Calgary Herald – Day 1 of public hearings on proposed Canmore mega-development hears impassioned opposition from residents
- Financial Post – Bank of Canada holds rate, keeps up bond buying — for now
- Calgary Herald – First-time, younger buyers driving Calgary homes market upward
- National Post – ‘People are just trying to survive’: COVID-19 pandemic magnifies challenges of being homeless
- Financial Post – Bank of Canada likely to resist investor expectations of early rate hike
- CBC Calgary – Parks Foundation Calgary grant warms communities to winter
- Globe and Mail – We need to start swinging hammers to make home ownership affordable for Canadians
- CBC Calgary – Calgary brings back more widened pathways starting Saturday
Have a great weekend!