If you’re reading this at crebnow.com, join our email subscribers list to make sure you never miss an edition of our newsletter. Just scroll down to the bottom of this post to find the signup form.
Welcome to the Weekender!
While the extra sunlight at the end of the day is a welcome change, springing forward to daylight time and losing an hour of sleep can be tough to bounce back from. Do you know what else is hard to bounce back from? A few too many green beers. This is all to say that if this week was a bit of a slog for you, I totally understand.
Thankfully, the weekend is here once again – this time, with zero clock-related shenanigans in the offing. Why not start things off on the right foot with a recap of the week that was in Calgary real estate news?
This week in CREB®Now
Real estate in Canmore has always been highly coveted, but a combination of forces – including low interest rates and more people working from home due to COVID-19 – have taken this mountain market to the next level. Check out the full story for recent Canmore sales statistics and info on a couple proposed developments that could shake up the town’s housing mix.
Now you see it, now you don’t… Although only an option in certain situations, physically moving a house from one location to another can be a smart financial decision and a positive move for the environment.
Our park profiles series continues with a closer look at Castleridge’s Prairie Winds Park, a recreation destination and gathering place for residents of nearby communities and visitors from across the city.
What if you’ve found the perfect home, but the listed price is a bit too high for your wallet to handle? Here are a few tips to help you approach negotiations with confidence and make an offer you can honour.
Honestly, I’m jealous.
- CBC Technology & Science – How pandemic bike lanes made some Canadian cities more accessible
- Financial Post – New home prices shooting up alongside resale as real estate market stays red hot
- Western Investor – Aspen Properties confident of Calgary office, retail recovery
- Mortgage Broker News – What will happen to Canadian real estate from 2021-22?
- Calgary Herald – City plans to give out grants for hail-resistant roof repairs
- CBC Calgary – Alberta and Ottawa put $13M into Indigenous housing projects across the province
- Calgary Herald – City council takes step toward Foothills County annexation, but with conditions
- CBC Business – Record home sales expected this year, CREA says amid February increase
- Financial Post – Canadian home sales and prices surge, while construction stays above pre-pandemic levels
- CBC Calgary – Corporate head office job losses a ‘wake-up call’ for Calgary
Have a great weekend!