Happy (belated) Canada Day!
Here’s everything you might have missed from the world of Calgary real estate and housing this week.
This week in CREB®Now
We unpack one of the more baffling design choices in the history of housing, the carpeted bathroom, including where it came from, its few pros and many cons, and what you can do if you’re stuck with one in your home.
The Calgary-born veteran of 14 NHL seasons shares his story of diving headfirst into the housing market when he was 19 and the lessons he learned from a home that “turned out to be a real lemon in the end.”
Check out the full recap of last month’s housing market activity in Calgary and surrounding areas, featuring commentary from CREB® chief economist Ann-Marie Lurie.
Before the COVID-19 pandemic forced its cancellation, this year’s edition of the Calgary Stampede was scheduled to kick off today, running from July 3-12. To fill the Stampede-shaped hole in your heart, why not check out this wonderful feature from 2018 about the history of the Stampede Rotary Dream Home:
- CTV News – New CMHC lending regulations kick in for home buyers
- CBC Calgary – Up to 70% of Alberta tourism businesses could close without help, report predicts
- Calgary Herald – Calgary Transit mobile ticket app arrives as bus, CTrain ridership ticks up after COVID-19 restrictions
- CBC Calgary – Elevators, Airbnb or something else? AHS investigates mysterious COVID outbreak in Calgary highrise
- Better Dwelling – Canadian Homeowners Pull Back On Home Equity Borrowing, Pay Down Debts
- CBC Calgary – Creating new taxes could allow Calgary to limit property tax hikes
- Calgary Herald – From construction to sales, COVID-19 has changed Alberta’s housing industry
- Calgary Sun – Long, bumpy road to recovery predicted for housing markets
Have a great weekend!