Join our email subscribers list to make sure you never miss an edition of the Weekender. Scroll to the bottom of this post to find the signup form.
Welcome to the Weekender!
I hope you all had a great holiday Thursday. If you took today off to give yourself a long weekend, well done – excellent foresight, give yourself a pat on the back. On the other hand, if you’re back at the office today, virtually or in person, don’t worry – your weekend is within reach, too!
This was a short week no matter how you slice it, but it wasn’t short on news from the world of real estate. Here are some of the highlights, including details of the CREB® REALTOR® Community Foundation’s 2021 Legacy Grant recipient, the federal government’s new financial incentives for homeowners who make energy-efficiency upgrades, and new subdivisions coming to Canmore’s Silvertip Resort.
Let’s dive right in!
This week in CREB®Now
Read on to learn more about HomeSpace’s Sierra Place project and the support from the local REALTOR® community that will help make it a reality.
If you make energy efficiency retrofits to your home – adding solar panels to your roof, for example – the recently unveiled Canada Greener Homes Grant could reward you with some cold hard cash. Check out the story to learn more about the program, who qualifies and how to apply.
Canmore’s Silvertip Resort will soon be offering up new homes and resort chalets for the first time in a decade, after two new development phases were approved in principle by the Town of Canmore. Read on for all the details, including home offerings, development timelines and pricing.
Summer is here and the mercury is rising, so it feels like a great time to revisit this fascinating feature about Calgary’s Bonzai waterslide park – fondly remembered by many longtime Calgarians – and the rise and fall of the outdoor waterpark craze that gripped Alberta during much of the 1980s.
architect: so what kind of house do you want?
client: not sure how to describe it, just… i love windows!
architect: stop right there, i know exactly what you mean pic.twitter.com/vNZtIaht62
— Devon ☀️ (@devonzuegel) June 26, 2021
I’m more of an Apple guy myself, but to each their own!
- Mortgage Broker News – Challenges continue for Canadian first-time homebuyers
- Calgary Business – VIDEO: Calgary Downtown Office Vacancy Rising
- National Post – ‘Number one’ casualty of rising interest rates will be Canada’s housing market
- National Post – To move or renovate — that is the question
- CBC Calgary – Air conditioners sell out and installers swamped as heat wave sends Calgarians into ‘panic’ mode
- Mortgage Broker News – The key questions on the Canadian housing market’s current trajectory
- Mortgage Broker News – Revealed – Canada’s most desirable cities for millennials
Have a great weekend!