Friday is finally here, and there’s no better way to kick off the weekend than with the latest edition of the Weekender!
The recipe for this week’s newsletter is one part historical home, one part how-to advice and one part feel-good story, with a dash of humour thrown in for good measure. Now if that isn’t a compelling cocktail, I don’t know what is.
Let’s dive right in!
This week in CREB®Now
Read on to learn the history of this fascinating heritage home, as well as the history of Bowness, the suburb-turned-community where it has become a well-known landmark.
Is your home feeling a bit drafty lately? It could be a problem with your windows. Check out the full story to learn how to diagnose and eliminate these issues ASAP.
Two years after it opened its doors for the first time, Calgary’s Central Library still feels shiny and new for the many Calgarians who visit each day. Read on to learn more about the powerful sense of community that has been created by this popular East Village fixture.
There’s still time! It’s not too late! There may already be snow and ice on the ground, but a little bit of regular maintenance around the home now could pay major dividends when the worst of winter arrives.
the most annoying part of packing up for a move is the little crap like do i want to keep this it’s borderline garbage but maybe i’ll need it?
— John Ganz (@lionel_trolling) November 17, 2020
Can confirm. The best part about these assorted knick-knacks and semi-sentimental-but-ultimately-useless possessions is they’ll still be packed up in boxes the next time you decide to move.
- Real Estate News Exchange – Strategic Group properties on Alberta’s judicial sale market
- Financial Post – Posthaste: Cramped Canadians looking for more space are fuelling the blistering growth in home prices
- CBC Business – Canada needs to pick up pace on tackling climate change, Tiff Macklem says
- Toronto Storeys – National Housing Starts Increased in October Following September ‘Pause’: CMHC
- CBC Calgary – Calgary pubs and retail spaces grapple with rising COVID-19 cases ahead of holiday season
- CBC Calgary – Plan calls for redevelopment of abandoned rail line to help bridge the Deerfoot divide
- Financial Post – Home sales in Canada drop for the first time since April in sign of cooling
Have a great weekend!