It’s Friday! And with the Calgary Flames currently in the midst of NHL’s bizarro Stanley Cup playoffs, this week’s CREBNow Weekender takes a look at former Flame Matt Stajan’s first home purchase, “upcycling” those forgotten, neglected or second-hand household furnishings, along with the usual recap of what’s going on in and around the world of real estate.
This week in CREB®Now
For professional hockey players, having to uproot your life and move with little notice is a constant reality, but this fact didn’t fully hit home for Matt Stajan until Jan. 31, 2010.
Adding an element of upcycled, vintage chic to a home’s furnishings can create a rich and inviting space with a unique design aesthetic. Plus, it’s great for the environment and easy on the pocketbook.
From Lanny MacDonald, Craig Conroy to many other notable Calgarians, find all of our My First Home stories here.
Looking for our featured home listings? Find them here!
Movies Under the Stars
- CBC News – Canada’s mortgage ‘stress test’ level falls for 3rd time since pandemic began
- REALTOR.ca – Selling Your Home? How to Get Rid of Dreaded Pet Smell
- Financial Post – Mortgage insurers cool to extending six-month pandemic payment deferrals
- National Post – Feds earmark $31 million from Smart Cities program to help communities adapt to COVID-19 realities
- Globe and Mail – Did you defer a mortgage payment because of COVID-19? Here’s why you should check your credit score
- Calgary Herald – Stampede Corral: An unforgettable piece of Calgary’s history