Join our email subscribers list to make sure you never miss an edition of the Weekender. Scroll to the bottom of this post to find the signup form.
Welcome to the Weekender!
This week’s edition features an update on a major piece of flood-mitigation infrastructure to protect Calgary communities and a rundown of a unique planning document that hopes to help municipalities, developers and homeowners realize the many benefits of nature-based solutions.
If that’s not enough, make sure you stick around for a throwback from the CREB®Now archive that will make you an expert on Calgary-and-area lakes.
Let’s get to the good stuff!
This week in CREB®Now
It’s official: the Springbank Off-Stream Reservoir flood mitigation project is moving ahead after receiving federal approval. Read on to find out why this is a big win for residents of Calgary’s river communities, many of whom were among the hardest-hit during the 2013 floods.
The Land Stewardship Centre’s Green Communities Guide recently received some major updates. Check out the story to learn how the revamped guide helps municipalities, developers and real estate professionals to demonstrate that nature-based solutions are smart long-term investments in communities and people.
The weather this week might disagree, but summer isn’t over just yet! To stay in that summer state of mind, why not learn a few fun facts about some of the most popular lakes in Calgary and surrounding areas?
- Toronto Star – Liberal plan to ban blind bidding for homes ignites real estate skirmish
- Calgary Herald – Arena renderings show new angles of planned Saddledome replacement
- Toronto Star – Trudeau’s housing crisis proposals won’t keep prices from rising, experts say
- CBC News: The National – Major party leaders outline plans to alleviate housing crisis
- Toronto Star – In Your Corner: My house is my retirement plan. Am I doomed?
- Calgary Herald – The District at Beltline poised to unveil fine food destination
Have a great weekend!