With sweeping new COVID-19 restrictions and shutdowns announced earlier this week by the provincial government set to last for at least the next month, it promises to be a challenging holiday season for many Calgarians. Thankfully, it looks like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel…
In times like these, distractions are welcome – anything to take one’s mind off the stresses and negative emotions that have become all too common over the last nine months – and I hope our humble newsletter can be of service in that capacity.
This week in CREB®Now
George Hopkins has been a colourful constant in the Calgary Stampeders organization since 1972. He recently took the time to chat with George Johnson about the humourous circumstances that led to his first home purchase in 1987.
As Gerald Vander Pyl writes, “You’ve found what seems like the perfect home, but before you close the deal, the inspection turns up some problems you can’t ignore: what are your options?”
The latest in our Deeper Dive series, this fascinating feature delves into the cohousing movement that is gaining steam across the country, including right here in Calgary.
Looking for a COVID-safe outdoor activity? If the unseasonably pleasant weather we’ve been having keeps up, why not go for a stroll down memory lane with one of Heritage Calgary’s self-guided walking tours?
2020 appliances: *break within 2 years*
1970s refrigerator: i will outlive u and everyone u love. i am eternal. i am time itself
— tatum (@50FirstTates) November 24, 2020
They really don’t make ’em like they used to.
- Mortgagebrokernews.ca – What are Canada’s best real estate markets for single-income ownership?
- Financial Post – High loonie on the radar as Bank of Canada holds rate near zero
- Financial Post – Posthaste: Smart money’s key fears for 2021 & beyond: Market crash, higher taxes and a real estate correction
- Global News – Will the new First-Time Home Buyer Incentive drive up home prices?
- CBC Calgary – Green Line LRT backers concerned province is delaying project
- CBC Calgary – Online shopping platform hopes to start mini boom in home-based grocery businesses across Alberta
- CBC Business – Mortgage rates hit a new low, with Canadian bank posting below 1%
- CBC Calgary – Alberta government approves $152M in infrastructure projects for Calgary
- Calgary Herald – Go it alone: Singles are taking on homeownership for themselves
Have a great weekend!