If you’re reading this at crebnow.com, join our email subscribers list to make sure you never miss an edition of our newsletter. Just scroll down to the bottom of this post to find the signup form.
Welcome to the Weekender!
After a couple weeks trapped in the polar vortex, things have finally warmed up a bit and the weather forecast for the weekend is looking great (by mid-February standards, that is). But before you head outside to enjoy the fresh air, make sure you get caught up on the latest news from the world of Calgary real estate!
This week in CREB®Now
After bouncing around from city to city for years pursuing his football dream, Randy Chevrier found a home in Calgary with the Stampeders and put down roots. Chevrier chatted with CREB®Now’s George Johnson about the decision he and his wife made to buy their first home in Tuscany, and why it didn’t take them long to go from first-time to move-up buyers.
There’s still snow on the ground – and probably quite a bit more of the white stuff to come before all is said and done – but it’s time to start thinking about your backyard beautification plans for the warm-weather months. If another pandemic summer awaits us, a well-appointed outdoor space will be worth its weight in gold – so get cracking!
Nobody likes to pay for insurance, but unfortunately, it’s a necessary expense in many situations, including the protection of your home. The good news is it’s usually possible to get a better deal. Here are a few ways to do just that!
For more than 20 years, the people of the Pantone Colour Institute have been dictating design trends all over the world with their Colour of the Year. Find out what 2021’s selection (or, SPOILER ALERT, selections) brings to the table and learn how Pantone became the global authority on colour.
— Carrie Tait (@CarrieTait) February 16, 2021
The fact that when I saw this photo, taken when it was about -3 C by my estimation, I thought, “Good for them, nothing out of the ordinary here,” is simply evidence I’ve lived in Calgary for too long (i.e., my whole life).
- Calgary Herald – Calgary needs extra help with ‘extremely difficult’ economic recovery ahead: Nenshi
- Calgary Herald – Eau Claire YMCA to permanently close, citing economic pressures
- Abacus Data – Many Canadians would trade their current urban and suburban lifestyles for a smaller community or rural location
- CBC Calgary – Ice now open in Parkdale, at Alberta’s first accessible outdoor rink
- Real Estate News Exchange – Highfield expands 1,100-acre Balzac industrial park
- Calgary Herald – Council eyes bigger tax-relief package for businesses in 2021
- Rocky Mountain Outlook – Banff Housing Corp. property assessments up 4 to 8 per cent
- CBC Calgary – New cricket facility planned for northeast Calgary
- Calgary Herald – Silvera welcomes $12M gift to boost affordable living for seniors
- CBC Edmonton – Alberta cold snap no match for the furnace-free warmth of a net-zero home
- CBC Calgary – How can this Calgary intersection turn into a green park? There’s history there
Have a great weekend!