Welcome to the Weekender!
For many Calgarians, this was the first full week back “in the office” after the holidays. If you were among them, congratulations – you made it! (No small feat if, like me, it came on the heels of several days of sleeping in and enjoying an all-chocolate diet.)
If you’re still feeling the holiday hangover, why not ease back into things with the latest stories from CREB®Now?
This week in CREB®Now
After spending most of 2020 stuck at home, you might be sick of staring at the same décor day in and day out. If a design makeover is in the cards for your home in 2021, you might be able to draw some inspiration from these familiar trends that promise to bounce back in a big way this year.
Check out the full recap of last month’s housing market activity in Calgary and surrounding areas, featuring commentary from CREB® chief economist Ann-Marie Lurie.
Every home has a story, and Calgary’s oldest homes tell some of the most interesting tales. With that in mind, you won’t want to miss all the interesting tidbits in this brief history of Point McKay’s Alfred McKay Home.
If you’re the New Year’s resolution type and not even a global pandemic can deter you, here are a handful of suggestions that can set you up for real estate success in 2021.
Herbert the vacuum seems a little dramatic pic.twitter.com/pa2TlmYSAf
— Kyle (@kylewendland) January 3, 2021
Now I want a vacuum capable of hyperbole!
- Calgary Herald – Varcoe: As businesses push to reopen, Kenney extends lockdown to Jan. 21
- CBC Calgary – Damage from $1.4B hail storm still impacting thousands of northeast residents
- Calgary Herald – Councillors call for quicker response to clear snowed-in neighbourhoods
- Calgary Herald – Varcoe: As businesses push to reopen, Kenney says Alberta isn’t in position to relax all restrictions
- Financial Post – Posthaste: ‘Spectacular end to a spectacular year’ — What to expect from the most astonishing year in the history of Canada’s housing market
- CBC Calgary – Energy sector poised for rebound in 2021, Deloitte predicts
- Healthing.ca – Urban dwellers get mental boost from green space
- CBC Calgary – Calgary sees highest December home sales since 2007 amid 40 per cent buying surge
- Airdrie Today – Cannabis production facility proposed in Crossfield
Have a great weekend!