December has arrived, which means that, mercifully, 2020 is almost over. We’re in the homestretch, people! In any other year, I would say, “Let’s finish strong,” but just finishing – strong or otherwise – feels like a significant achievement this time around.
With that in mind, as a reward for your resiliency during this trying year, I have a special gift I’d like to share: the latest news from the world of Calgary real estate!
You weren’t expecting something else, were you?
Also, if you’re still reading this at crebnow.com, join our email subscribers list to make sure you never miss an edition of our wonderful newsletter. Just scroll down to the bottom of this post to find the signup form.
This week in CREB®Now
CREB®’s annual Forecast conference and tradeshow is going to look a bit different in 2021. Read on to learn about all the changes and why you should snag a ticket to this one-of-a-kind virtual experience before it’s too late.
Check out the full recap of last month’s housing market activity in Calgary and surrounding areas, featuring commentary from CREB® chief economist Ann-Marie Lurie.
If you love Christmas lights, but hate going through the hassle of setup and takedown every year, it might be time to consider upgrading your setup.
If you missed it last week, don’t forget to check out this analysis of rising home sales in Calgary’s suburbs and satellites during the COVID-19 pandemic, and what the trend might mean for these markets going forward.
I keep getting pushed ads for this bed. I believe the model is called "I've Given Up." pic.twitter.com/anGv7lYe2O
— Kristen Meinzer (@kristenmeinzer) November 24, 2020
Outstanding. If anyone needs to find me between now and the holidays, I’ll be in the bed-chair-sofa-lounger.
- CBC Calgary – Temporary CTrain station to be built as part of plan to bring 17th Avenue into Stampede
- CBC Calgary – BMO Centre expansion on track, Corral to be demolished this month
- Calgary Herald – The top 5 most expensive homes sold in Calgary this year (so far)
- Canadian Real Estate Wealth – Fixed VS variable rate mortgages in the COVID-19 era
- Reuters – Canada plans to clamp new tax on foreign home buyers
- Western Investor – Calgary pitched to Vancouver’s condo investors
- Calgary Herald – Parks Canada announces new COVID-19 restrictions; Banff council votes to extend mask bylaw
- CBC Business – Banks report earnings this week, and it could tell us a lot about the state of the economy
- CBC Business – Pandemic-induced demand for more space pushing up cottage prices, real estate firm says
- Financial Post – Average new mortgage tops $300,000 for first time as consumer debt in Canada hits $2 trillion
- CBC Calgary – Business owners say buying local is more important than ever this year
- Canadian Real Estate Wealth – Is it a good time to buy a house in Canada?
Have a great weekend!