September has arrived, and with it the first signs that fall is on the way. The days are getting shorter, leaves are starting to change colour, (some) kids are heading back to school and the Pumpkin Spice Latte has returned to a Starbucks near you. We may be mired in a global pandemic, but at least we can still track the passage of time during this cursed year based on one ubiquitous coffee chain’s seasonal drink lineup. *Sigh*
Anyway, I’d hate to start this week’s newsletter off on a down note, so here is a reason for optimism: fall is great! It is, in fact, the greatest season, in my opinion.
So, break out your light jackets, dust off your chunky sweaters and start planning a full slate of (COVID-19 safe) autumn activities. Visit a pumpkin patch. Check out a corn maze. Plan the perfect hike to take advantage of larch season. Head to a farmers’ market and pick up a selection of seasonal gourds, decorative or otherwise.
Now for the news!
This week in CREB®Now
If you’ve driven down 37th Street S.W. north of Highway 22X recently, you might have seen signs for something called Alpine Park. The development of this new community is now officially underway along the path of the nearly finished Southwest Calgary Ring Road. Read on for all the details!
Check out the full recap of last month’s housing market activity in Calgary and surrounding areas, featuring commentary from CREB® chief economist Ann-Marie Lurie.
If you’re a podcast fan and an aspiring real estate investor, this is the story for you!
If you’re a regular reader of CREB®Now who is interested in interior design, you’ve likely come across many of Alykhan Velji’s design tips and trends on our website. However, if you haven’t read Velji’s “My First Home” story, you’re missing out! Read on to find out how he and his husband found the perfect house and tackled this very personal design project.
OK, when we covered virtual staging a couple weeks ago, THIS is not what we had in mind…
- CBC Calgary – Alberta lags behind as Canada adds jobs in August
- Calgary Herald – White: East Village versus Portland’s Pearl District
- Calgary Herald – COVID-19 takes 15% bite out of Banff visitation, more than 50% from hotels
- Canadian Real Estate Wealth – CREA: Five Canadian cities where condo prices peaked in July
- CBC Calgary – Homeowners seek thousands in deposits back, warn others of Calgary contractor
- CBC Calgary – Calgary’s pedestrian roadways, patios to stay until snow clearing season
- Calgary Sun – Re/Max survey finds buyers’ confidence levels are good
- Vancouver Sun – Banking watchdog winding down special treatment for COVID-19 mortgage deferrals
Have a great weekend!