The Province has released a new Alberta Rivers app providing advisories and information about area lakes and rivers.
“Creating this app is just one of the many actions we are taking as a government to ensure that people have the tools and information they need when they need it most – especially in emergency situations,” said Robin Campbell, minister of Environment and Sustainable Resource Development.
Content of the app includes:
- A map of the province, broken into major river basins
- Flood specific advisories that are in effect
- Notification to users when advisories are issued
- Comments issued by Alberta’s River Forecast Centre
- All current surface water data for Alberta
- Data on current rainfall, stream flows and snow
Currently the app is only available for Android phones but a release from the government said it will be available for iPhones soon.