Calgary’s public pools are now open for the season, and there’s no better way to have some fun in the summer sun. If you’re looking to go for a dip, here’s a list of Calgary’s outdoor pools:
1) Bowview Outdoor Pool 1910 6 Avenue N.W. Come for the 25-metre main pool and shallow wading pool, stay for the mushroom waterfall/sprayer.
2) Forest Lawn Outdoor Pool 1706 39 Street S.E. With two heated pools – the eight-lane lap pool and the wading pool – plus a spray park, there’s something for everyone here.
Highwood Outdoor Pool
25 Holmwood Avenue N.W.
The Highwood Pool is closed for the 2019 season while renovations are being completed. There’s always next year!
3) Millican Ogden Outdoor Pool 2094 69 Avenue S.E. The 25-metre heated pool here has not one, but two, water slides.
4) Mount Pleasant Outdoor Pool 2310 6 Street N.W. Anyone who participates in swimming lessons here during the summer is invited to the annual Mount Pleasant Swimming Lesson Party on Aug. 30, where there will be games, music, free swimming and cupcakes.
5) South Calgary Outdoor Pool 3130 16 Street S.W. This T-shaped pool, with swimming lanes and an attached wading section, is perfect for family outings. It’s also a short walk from the popular Marda Loop boutiques and eateries on 33rd Avenue S.W.
6) Silver Springs Outdoor Pool 5720 Silver Ridge Drive N.W. After a long redevelopment period to remedy structural problems, this popular pool re-opened last year to much fanfare. As part of the redevelopment, a new access ramp was added to make the pool more accessible.
7) Stanley Park Outdoor Pool 4100 1A Street S.W. If you’re looking for a pool with picturesque, natural surroundings, Stanley Park is hard to beat. The pool area features the main 25-metre pool and a wading pool with spray deck.
8) Hotel Arts Pool and Patio 119 12 Avenue S.W. If you’re looking for a more refined experience, leave the kids at home and head to Hotel Arts to enjoy its popular pool and patio in the heart of the Beltline. Use of the pool area is free for hotel guests, but if you’re not planning to stay the night you can also pay $20 to enjoy the atmosphere and poolside food/drink service.